Vilamoura is the biggest touristic complex in Europe. It has a Marina, a Golf Academy, 6 Golf Courses, a casino, several Clubs, a tennis club, a diving club, other leasure facilities, a big beach and several 4 and 5 stars hotels.
Vilamoura is the name given to an area rather than a particular town. It is a popular tourist complex and as such is quite well-tended, clean and very safe. It is a popular tourist complex and as such is quite well-tended, clean and very safe. The focal point is the yacht-cluttered Marina, around which are clustered large modern hotels. Clean white sand beaches lapped by the cool waters of the Atlantic stretch away on either side of the Marina.
This harmonious developement is the image of Vilamoura for the new millenium. In here the days are unforgetable, whether you spend it in a sailing boat, in a golf course, walking on the beach or even experiencing the adrenaline of bungee jumping. The evenings are full of vitality, to a perfect ending of a perfect day.
Some areas are private/excluded.
The Algarve’s main airport is about 10 miles from Vilamoura at Faro. There is a taxi service outside the airport. Prices are fixed by the airport and are posted by the Taxi rank.
The 125 runs east along the coast to Faro and west past Quarteira and Albufeira on its way to Lagos. The A2-IP1 links Vilamoura and the rest of the Algarve with Lisbon, although it is some 130 miles away.
- The Roman ruins and museum of Cerro da Vila in the centre of Vilamoura
- Marina – The Vilamoura’s Marina is one of the most pretigious centre of fun and leisure in the Algarve. Located within a sober area, surounded by the most demanding touristic offer, it provides to its visitors a wide range of restaurants, bars and accommodation. The Vilamoura’s Marina also posesses excelent sporting and leisure structures
. These are ruins of a bathing complex and mosaics representing fishes of a residence. These are located right in the heart of Vilamoura, and have bathing, thermae, and tanks for salting fish that are dated from the 1st Century A.D. The interpretive centre of these ruins, allows their visitors to discover the everyday life of the ancient Algarve inhabitants, as well as to explore the silos from the Islamic period, the foundations of a funeral tower and the docks from the Roman Period.
– Catch some rays down on one of the two main beaches
– Play golf on one of Vilamoura’s six courses
– Take a walk along the Marina
– Go deep sea fishing
– Take a boat trip to see the caves along the coast
– Vilamoura Riding Center, Estalagem da Cegonha – Vilamoura, (+351) 289 302 577. The Riding Centre of Vilamoura provides you a perfect way to enjoy the natural beauty of the Algarve. Our horse riding centre adjoins the inn and offers you the opportunity to enjoy a nature ride or even riding lessons.
– The Old Course
– Pinhal Golf Course
– Laguna Golf Course
– Millenium Golf Course
– Victoria Clube de Golfe
Most restaurants are situated in the Marina area. There is a wide variety of foods available, from traditional Portuguese to Thai.
Most of the bars and clubs are concentrated in the Marina area. Sete Cafe is a dream sports bar! The Irish bar has a live band most nights and gets busy after 11pm. Close by is the @tlantic Bar where ‘Bruno’does his ‘Rat Pack’ show every night except Sundays.
Renting a villa is an excellent, if a little more expensive option, although for a larger family or group this can be very cost effective. Below are some agencies that offer villas for rent in Vilamoura:
* Vilamoura Villa Holidays from Villa Retreats – Selection of luxury villa and apartments in Vilamoura and the Algarve, many with private pool.
The Old Village offers good accommodation and is situated around the Pinhal Golf course, about a 15 minute walk from the Marina.
* Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & SPA. 351 289304000 Brand new resort, first resort in Portugal of the Hilton family and a true experience. Providing state of the art equipment and services, such as: Golf Simulator, 2800 m2 7Seven Spa, and an amazing Paradise Island Kids Club.
* As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Rua do Brasil, Lote 4.11.1B, 8125-504 Vilamoura; Phone:(+351) 289 304 900; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: (+351) 289 304 901; A 5-star development of elegant full service self-catering Suites located in Vilamoura and an integral part of a unique resort managed by a world renowned hotel chain. The multi-room modern Suites, the resort facilities and the impeccable service complemented by the ever-present sunshine make this an ideal destination for families, couples, golfers and sport enthusiasts.
* Estalagem da Cegonha (Stork’s Inn), 8125-470 VILAMOURA, (+351) 289 302 577 (email@example.com). The Estalagem da Cegonha (Stork´s Inn) with four hundred years of History is tucked discreetly among bougainvillea and located at the heart of Vilamoura, one of Europe´s most complete and diversified tourist resorts.